Singapore Central Bank MAS New Board of Directors, Ravi Menon Extends Managing Director Role for 2 Years
31st May 2021 | Singapore
Singapore central bank Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has announced changes to the Board of Directors, including extending Ravi Menon as Managing Director for another 2 years term (1/6/21 to 31/5/23) and his reappointment as MAS Board member for another 1 year term. The Managing Director role at Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is the highest role at MAS, along with 12 Assistant Managing Directors to oversee the central bank of Singapore. The appointments will be effective from 1st June 2021.
“Singapore Central Bank MAS New Board of Directors, Ravi Menon Extends Managing Director Role for 2 Years”
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) New Board Appointments
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) New Board Appointments:
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam re-appointed as Chairman of the MAS Board (3 Years).
- Lawrence Wong appointed Deputy Chairman of the MAS Board.
- Lim Hng Kiang will step down as Deputy Chairman (31st May 2021), remain as a member of the MAS Board.
- Deborah Ong appointed as member of the MAS Board.
Current Chairman Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who is also Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies, has been re-appointed as Chairman of the MAS Board for a 3 years term.
Minister of Finance Lawrence Wong, has been appointed as Deputy Chairman of the MAS Board.
Lim Hng Kiang, who has served on the MAS Board for 23 years and as its Deputy Chairman since 2006, will step down as Deputy Chairman on 31st May 2021 but will remain as a member of the Board
Deborah Ong recently retired as a Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Singapore. She is a board member and chair of the Audit and Risk Committees of SkillsFuture Singapore, Workforce Singapore, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine at the Nanyang Technological University, and the Council for Estate Agencies. She is also a board member of SATS Ltd.
Board of Directors of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (1st June 2021)
The new Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Board of Directors appointments will be effective from 1st June 2021.
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam (Chairman), Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies
- Lawrence Wong (Deputy Chairman), Minister for Finance
- Heng Swee Keat, Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies
- Lim Hng Kiang, Special Advisor to Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Quek See Tiat, President of Council for Estate Agencies and Chairman, Singapore Accounting Standards Council
- Peter Ong, Chairman of Enterprise Singapore
- Professor Tan Chorh Chuan, Chief Health Scientist of Ministry of Health and Executive Director of MOH Office for Healthcare Transformation
- Lucien Wong, Attorney-General, Attorney-General’s Chambers
- Chaly Mah, Chairman of NetLink NBN Management
- Deborah Ong, Retired Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director at MAS
Quek Gim Pew, Senior R&D Consultant, Ministry of Defence, has been re-appointed to the Risk Committee for a further term of three years, from 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2024, as a non-Board member.
New MAS Senior Management Team, March 2021
In March 2021, MAS had announced changes to the senior management team.
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Senior Management Team:
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director
- Ho Hern Shin, Deputy Managing Director (Financial Supervision)
- Jacqueline Loh, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate Development)
- Edward Robinson, Deputy Managing Director (Economic Policy) / Chief Economist
- Leong Sing Chiong, Deputy Managing Director (Markets and Development)
- Marcus Lim, Assistant Managing Director (Banking & Insurance)
- Lim Tuang Lee, Assistant Managing Director (Capital Markets)
- Bernard Wee, Assistant Managing Director (Markets & Investment)
- Wong Zeng Yi, Assistant Managing Director (Organisation and People Development)
- Loo Siew Yee, Assistant Managing Director (Policy, Payments & Financial Crime)
- Vincent Loy, Assistant Managing Director (Technology)
- Celine Sia, Assistant Managing Director (Economics and Knowledge Management)
- Gillian Tan, Assistant Managing Director (Development and International)
- Cindy Mok, Assistant Managing Director (Finance, Risk and Currency)
Ravi Menon, Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
Biography extracted from MAS:
Ravi Menon was appointed Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in 2011. Ravi Menon was appointed Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in 2011.
Mr Menon began his career at MAS in 1987. During his 16 years in MAS, he was involved in monetary policy; econometric forecasting; organisational development; banking regulation and liberalisation; and integrated supervision of complex financial institutions. Mr Menon spent a year at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, as a member of the secretariat to the Financial Stability Forum. A recipient of the Singapore Government’s Meritorious Service Medal and Public Administration (Gold) Medal, Mr Menon has served on a variety of boards in the public, private, and people sectors in Singapore. On the international front, Mr Menon is a member of the Financial Stability Board (FSB) Steering Committee.
Mr Menon holds a Master’s in Public Administration from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Economics from the National University of Singapore.
- SGX, DBS, Standard Chartered & Temasek Launches New Global Exchange for Carbon Credits
- The Future of Capital is Green: Keynote Address by Ravi Menon at IMAS-Bloomberg Investment Conference 2021
- MAS Makes Key Changes to Senior Management Team, Appoints Ho Hern Shin as new Deputy Managing Director
- Hong Kong & Singapore Regulators Warn Investors of Increased Trading Risks Triggered by Social Media & Online Forums
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Appoints Leong Sing Chiong as New Deputy Managing Director to Oversee Markets & Development
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Releases Asset Management Survey 2019
- Singapore Central Bank MAS Announces Initiatives to Support New Interest Rate & Singapore Overnight Rate Average (SORA)
- Singapore Central Bank MAS and IBF Launches Skills Map for Family Office Advisors
About Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore’s central bank and integrated financial regulator. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through appropriate monetary policy formulation and close macroeconomic surveillance of emerging trends and potential vulnerabilities.
As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore – banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors, and stock exchanges. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education.
MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs