Qatar $328 Billion Sovereign Wealth Fund Setup Office in Singapore
16th July 2021 | Singapore
Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar with $328 billion of assets (2020), has setup an office in Singapore to diversify its portfolio and expands its presence in Asia. The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) Singapore office is headed by Abdulla Al Kuwari with Jason Chew as advisor. Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is one of the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world in 2020 and invest in a broad of asset classes including equities, credit / fixed income, private equity, real estate, real assets and multi-strategy (eg. hedge funds).
“ Qatar $328 Billion Sovereign Wealth Fund Setup Office in Singapore “
Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) Singapore
The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) Singapore office will be headed by Abdulla Al Kuwari with Jason Chew as advisor. Abdulla Al Kuwari as Head of QIA Advisory (Asia Pacific), has been with Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) for more than 10 years. He is a Board Member of CFA Society Dohar, was a Global Shaper at World Economic Forum and was seconded to UBS and Credit Suisse Investment Banking in this early career.
Jason Chew is the advisor at QIA Advisory (Singapore), and has been with Qatar Investment Authority as Director of Real Estate since 2013 (8 years). Jason has extensive Real Estate background and in Asia-Pacific. He was with DBS Land, CapitaLand (Japan, Middle-East) and was the Chief Investment Officer Asia and Managing Director (Greater China) at Pramerica Real Estate Investors (PGIM, Subsidiary of Prudential).
- Qatar $328 Billion Sovereign Wealth Fund Setup Office in Singapore
- 2020 Sovereign Wealth Fund AUM at $7.84 Trillion, Norway Largest with $1.27 Trillion
- Indonesia President Jokowi Targets $200 Billion Sovereign Wealth Fund
- New Indonesia Sovereign Wealth Fund Grows Assets to $15 Billion, Appoints First CEO
- Norway $1.05 Trillion Sovereign Wealth Fund Appoints Nicolai Tangen as New CEO
- United States Private Equity Hellman & Friedman Closes $24.4 Billion Fund, $80 Billion Total Managed Assets
- 2020 China Private Equity and Venture Capital AUM at $1.04 Trillion, Southeast Asia at $33 Billion
- Hong Kong Private Equity Funds to Have 0% Tax for Carried Interest
- $342 Billion Investment Firm KKR Raises $15 Billion for Asia Fund
- World’s Leading $96 Billion Private Equity Firm Ardian Raises $19 Billion from Global Investors
About Qatar Investment Authority
Qatar Investment Authority is the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar and is a major contributor to realizing the Qatar National Vision of 2030. QIA was founded in 2005 to strengthen the country’s economy by diversifying into new asset classes. Building on the heritage of Qatar investments dating back more than three decades, QIA’s growing portfolio of long-term investments help complement the State of Qatar’s wealth in natural resources.
Headquartered in Doha, and with a subsidiary in New York (QIA Advisory), QIA is structured to operate at the very highest levels of global investing. As a world-class investor, QIA adheres to the strictest financial and commercial disciplines. QIA has a strong track record of investing in multiple asset classes, including listed securities, property, alternative assets and private equity in all the major markets globally. QIA seeks socially, economically, and environmentally responsible investments and looks beyond short-term returns, as QIA pursues balanced and sustainable growth to maximize long-term returns.
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs