UK Largest Divorce Payout from Russian Billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov, Settles at $186 Million from Original $620 Million
17th July 2021 | Hong Kong
The largest UK divorce payout from Russian billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov to ex-wife Tatiana Akhmedova, has been settled at $186 million (£135 million), one-third of the original UK court award of $630 million (£450 million) in 2016 & 2017. Tatiana Akhmedova accepted a $186 million cash and art settlement, with Russian billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov retaining his 115 metres 9-deck luxury superyacht Luna, which he bought for $360 million from his close friend Roman Abramovich in 2014. (UK ~ United Kingdom)
“ UK Largest Divorce Payout from Russian Billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov, Settles at $186 Million from Original $620 Million “
Russian billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov Divorce
Russian billionaire and Azerbaijan-born Farkhad Akhmedov made most of his fortune from the sale of his stake in Northgas (Russian oil & gas producer) in 2012 for $1.4 billion.
In 2013, Tatiana Akhmedova had filed for divorce with the UK court ruling a payout of $630 million (£450 million) in 2016 & 2017. Farkhad Akhmedov disputed the filing as they already had divorced in Russia more than 10 years ago.
The divorce dispute went to 9 different jurisdiction, with Tatiana Akhmedova funding her case through litigation finance group Burford Capital. On 16th July 2021, the largest UK divorce payout from Russian billionaire Farkhad Akhmedov to ex-wife Tatiana Akhmedova is finally settled at $186 million (£135 million) with Tatiana Akhmedova accepting a $186 million cash and art settlement.
- China Premium Tea Nayuki IPO in Hong Kong, Creates 2 New Billionaires with $1.1 Billion Each
- Didi Global IPO Creates 2 New Self-Made Billionaires, Founder Will Cheng Wei with $4.4 Billion
- Billionaire Warren Buffett Resigns from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, $49 Billion Endowment
- United States Billionaires Tax Leak, Top 25 Pays 3.4% in Tax Rate from $401 Billion Fortune
- Didi Chuxing IPO Creates 2 New Self-Made Billionaires, Founder Will Cheng Wei with $7 Billion
- Billionaires Bill Gates & Melinda Divorce, $150 Billion Assets
- Billionaire James Dyson Switches Residency Back to UK from Singapore
- South Korean Billionaire & Chairman of Kakao Kim Beom-Su to Give More than Half His $10 Billion Fortune Away
- Billionaire & Google co-Founder Sergey Brin Setup Family Office in Singapore
Caproasia.com | The leading financial website for financial professionals, professional investors and HNW investors. Covering capital markets, investments and private wealth in Asia. How do you invest $3 million to $300 million? How do you manage $20 million to $3 billion of assets? Quicklinks: Caproasia Access | TFC | Caproasia | Jobs